What is Wi-Fi(WiFi) and how does it work?
What is Wi-Fi and how does it work? You must have heard about the Wi-Fi network and must be using it. Today I am going to give you complete information about it. After reading this article, you will get full knowledge of Wi-Fi. So let’s know what WiFi is and how it works, what is the history of Wi-Fi technology, what is the meaning of Wi-Fi, how many Wi-Fi values are there, what are the types of Wi-Fi, what is WiFi Information.
It has not been so long since the introduction of the Internet. Before this, Cables were the only way to send any Information Digital way.
But technology changed day by day and Computer Scientist created a wireless technology. Through this technology, data transfer is possible without using any cable. The name of this technology is Wi-Fi.
Today we will learn about WiFi here. So let’s know in detail what is Wi-Fi.
What is Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is a technology that provides network connectivity using the radio web. We use the Internet through this.
Wi-Fi is simply the popular Wireless Networking Technology. That means this is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. It is also called the family of radio technologies.
- How to change Phone Number in Gmail or Google account
- Half Border Design And Fixed Width Border Design In CSS
An adapter is created as a hotspot for a WiFi connection, which is usually a wireless router. And the rest of the devices such as computers, laptops, and mobile game councils are connected for internet access through this hotspot.
Wi-Fi is the name of a popular wireless networking technology that uses radio signals to provide high-speed Internet and network connections.
A common belief is that the full name of Wi-Fi is “Wireless Fidelity”, but this is not true. Wi-Fi is just a trademark phrase used only for brand names. Whose words are derived from the words Wireless and Fi IEEE 802.11x. Wi-Fi means IEEE 802.11x.
Through this we can connect to the Internet to limited space. Not only the using Internet, however, today people also use to transmit data wirelessly through it. For example the use of Share it, Xender applications by a lot of people for apps, media and other files transfer.
Wi-Fi is a wireless networking technology standard that has multiple versions. So, let me tell you about the versions of Wi-Fi.
All the versions of Wi-Fi are also given a name with a code name such as 802.11a is called Wi-Fi 1 and 802.11b is called Wi-Fi 2. Below is a table with full details of Wi-Fi versions.
How does Wi-Fi work?
How Does Wi-Fi Technology Work? I will tell you the easiest way to understand the working f WiFi. Take, for example, the Wi-Fi at an office.
It consists of a device that transmits a wireless signal, which is usually a WiFi router or hotspot. It has a cable from the internet connection provider and it provides internet connection via a wireless signal to all devices around it. Like laptop, mobile, tablet, and PC.
This also applies to broadband routers too. Nowadays hotspots are equipped with a device that inputs and exports the Internet data only through a wireless signal. The result is always the same. No matter how the Wi-Fi is being used and what its connection source is.
Nowadays smartphones also have the option of hotspot with Wi-Fi service. That is, you can not only use any other WiFi network but can also provide an internet connection to many other devices from the hotspot by using it as your phone router.
Features of WiFi
You must know about the features of WiFi. So, you can use it well. Features of WiFi are as follows.
- BlogSpot (blogger) Vs WordPress: Which is better
- Cloud storage and its benefits with Cloud storage services
- How to secure website for free (Free SSL) with Cloudflare
Primarily, we use Cellular networks for the Internet in our mobile phones. Because network area of Cellular Network is more than wifi which is very much required to get connected to the internet signals.
But you might not know that, when you use the cellular network in a moving train, you keep connecting to different networks as you go on the way. This exhausts the mobile phone power more. That is, your mobile battery runs out quickly. But this does not happen if you will use WiFi.
Because Wi-Fi uses Radio Waves for internet and for this you will need a router. This means that it makes little difference to your mobile battery backup.
You must be aware of the speed of WiFi. WiFi network speeds are much higher than mobile networks. Perhaps you have checked this feature as well. For example, if you are doing live streaming with WiFi, you get 1mbps to 100mbps speed, while mobile you get a lower speed.
WiFi price is very low compared to mobile data. You will also remember 1GB of internet data was available for around ₹ 100 at a time. However, now the data prices have come down after the arrival of new pans by telecom companies.
Due to the low price, people use WiFi connection for home and office. Otherwise, if the mobile data is used as much as WiFi, then your bill will be 50 times more. There are many Internet network provider companies. However, if you will compare WI-Fi plans to simple internet plans, no one will provide the comparable speed for internet plans like WiFi.
#4 No Limit
Mobile data has a limit. WiFi but in the network you get more than 50GB of data every day. That means you can use the internet the much you want to.
Advantages of WiFi
- The best part is that you can connect all your devices computers, laptops, mobiles, tablets from one router.
- It is very easy to use it, all you have to do is to turn on wifi and enter password (if password protected), wifi will be connected.
- Earlier it was difficult to get wifi everywhere but in today’s time railway station, bus, train, coffee shop, super market, wifi service is available everywhere.
- WiFi is very cheap. Compared to mobile data, wifi is much cheaper at the same consumption plan of cellular plans.
- You can run your WiFi router in any place of the world, meaning you can use a WiFi router anywhere.
- Wi-Fi internet speed is much higher than mobile network. you can avail from one Mbps to 100 Mbps.
Disadvantages of WiFi
- WiFi provides very good internet speed with cable connection but hotspot wifi does not provide good speed at every location.
- Because there is a limit to the WiFi network area. You can only use it by staying around it (within range).
- You can only use it in a fixed location and area. If you use it on the other side of the wall, or an area apart then the speed gets reduced.
- The security of the WiFi network is very weak as compared to mobile connection. It can be easily accessed by a small hacker. So you should always make security checks for your network and router.
History of Wi-Fi: The time ago story
Wi-Fi was invented in 1985 after a decision by the US Federal Communications Commission, which issued an ISM band for unlicensed use. However, WiFi for consumers was first released in 1997, when a committee called 802.11 was formed, known as IEEE 802.11.
At that time the data transfer speed of 802.11 standards was around 2 megabits per second. After that in 1999, 802.11a was published. Its speed was about 54 MBPS. It was followed by 802.11b in 1999, 802.11g in 2003, 802.11n in 2009 and 802.11ac in 2014.
And now in 2019 802.11ax standard is on the way for us.
In this article we got to know the details about what is Wi-Fi, types of WiFi, features of Wi-Fi, advantages, and disadvantages of WiFi, and history of Wi-Fi.
Hopefully, you like this information. If you have any question about Wi-Fi, then you can mention in the comment section.