How to Delete and Deactivate an Instagram Account
Association on social media is not as easy as polishing our real identity in the real world. In fact, findings from JAMA Pediatrics show that due to social media, 580 thousand young people attempted suicide in 2007 and this number increased 8 years later to reach 1.12 million cases. This topic is about How to Delete and Deactivate an Instagram Account.
Therefore, the TechBriefers team wants to help those of you who are looking for ways to stay away from social media, especially Instagram. This article will tell you how to delete an Instagram(IG) account. Not only one way, but various ways to delete a permanent IG account or temporarily disable IG.
How to Delete Instagram Account
Before learning how to delete an Instagram account, you should make sure a few things first, such as the Instagram account password that you need to delete, lest you forget your own account password because Instagram cannot delete accounts that are considered not yours.
Additionally, if you require the photos you’ve uploaded, do a back – up photos in your account first. Finally, make sure you are sure of your decision. And the reason for deleting your Instagram account. Because there are 2 ways you can choose to delete your IG profile, namely:
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
If you are really sure about your decision to stay away from Instagram social media. You can do this permanent way to delete an IG profile. The reason is if you delete your account permanently. All your data will be deleted, such as photos, videos, followers, accounts you follow. Even all accounts that mark your account in their photos.
If you can accept all the risks of deleting IG forever. the following ways to permanently delete your Insta account:
- Open IG via a computer or mobile browser , then enter the account you want to delete.
- Visit Instagram account deletion page ( https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ )
- Choose a reason why you want to delete the account.
- Retype Instagram account password.
- Click ‘Permanently Delete My Account.’
Webmail: Complete Guide to Know Webmails
How to Temporarily Disable Instagram Account
Besides being bored with social media, you can also use this trick when you want to focus on studying for a particular exam, competition, or match. How to temporarily close an IG account or temporarily deactivate an account does not automatically delete the content or comments that you have uploaded, including “ likes ” on photos that you have provided.
If you choose to close your account for a certain period of time, here’s how to temporarily deactivate IG profile:
- Open the Instagram.com website via a browser , then login to your IG-profile
- Click your profile photo in the top right corner, then select Settings .
- On the Edit Profile page , select the Temporarily disable my account menu .
- Select the reason why you want to deactivate the account.
- Re-enter your password and click “ Temporarily Disable Account .”
- How to close an Instagram account has been successful and your profile has been successfully deactivated.
Also Read: How to Create Ads on Facebook? Fb Ads tutorial
How to Delete an IG Account Through an Application on a mobile phone?
In addition to deleting an account via a browser, there is a way to delete an Instagram account through an application on your smart device. It doesn’t mean you can immediately deactivate/delete an account through the application, yes, but IG makes it easy for you to access the account deletion website. Here’s how you can do it:
- When you are logged in to the Instagram account that will be deleted, click on your profile.
- Click options / options , three horizontal lines on the top right.
- Select Settings in the bottom row.
- Select Help, then Help Center.
- You will be directed to the instagram.com page , then select “Stop Using Instagram”
- On the next page, select “How do I delete my Instagram account?”
- Select the “Delete Your Account” link
- Continue how to delete Instagram and the reason
How, through this article tutorial, you now know that there are various ways to delete an Instagram account, be it through a browser or an application.
However, as additional information, it’s okay if you want to delete your profile from social media. And follow the steps above to delete Instagram. But don’t leave your business social media account to be disabled either. The reason is, social media today can be the right tool for you to reach your target audience. specially if your target market is Instagram users.